Venue & Accommodation
- The John McIntyre Conference Centre is the location for all conference sessions, including Plenary, Parallel Session, Poster Sessions and all refreshments and lunch breaks. Nestled in landscaped gardens a stones throw from Arthurs Seat, delegates can enjoy views of this famous Scottish landmark from the terrace area or take a stroll to the foot of the hill in under five minutes. The venue is fully wheelchair accessible and all rooms, break out areas and refreshment areas are located on one floor, making organisation throughout the day easier for all. Click on venue on map to view more information.
John McIntyre Conference Centre
- The iconic Playfair Library Hall, features William Playfair's signature neoclassical barrel-vaulted ceiling. The Library is the location for the Welcome Reception on Sunday 29th August. Drinks and light bites included. Partner tickets will be available. For further venue information click on venue on map.
Playfair Library Hall
- Opulence, theatre and luxury are combined in this unique 5-star hotel in one of Edinburgh's finest historic buildings. Just five minutes from Edinburgh city centre, James Thomson's Prestonfield House is Edinburgh's most exclusive luxury hotel, offering the privacy and seclusion of a country estate right in the heart of Edinburgh. 60 years after Prestonfield House changed from a private home to a luxury hotel, it remains one of the most recognisable 5 Star hotels in Scotland. Situated within 20 acres of gardens and located next to the stunning Arthur's Seat, you wouldn't know we're only five minutes from the bustling life of Edinburgh’s city centre. The conference dinner will take place here in The Stables, on Tuesday 31st August. An arrival drink, 3 course dinner, half bottle of wine included. For further information click on venue on map.
Prestonfield House Hotel
- Located in peaceful landscaped grounds adjoining Holyrood Park and within easy walking distance of Edinburgh’s Old Town and the City’s major attractions, Salisbury Green Hotel and Bistro offers 108 superbly appointed rooms, 36 in its 18th Century Mansion House, and 72 recently refurbished rooms in its Masson House right next door. Our acclaimed Full Scottish breakfast is served in the Bistro. Self-select from an extensive range of cold items whilst hot items are cooked to order. Local produce and its provenance is important to us and included in our breakfast are Charles Macleod Stornoway black pudding, Stobbs Farm smoked back bacon, Hornigs haggis and Borders sausages. Check in is guaranteed from 14:00, however, if your room is ready on arrival beforehand, you will be able to check in. Check out is by 11:00. Double Rooms for single or double occupancy, and Twin Rooms for single or double occupancy available. For more information on the hotel and bedrooms please click on the accommodation on the map.
- Pollock Halls offers affordable campus accommodation. Each room on the campus features a telephone, free Wi-Fi, in-room tea/coffee and shared laundry and pantry facilities. Some rooms also offer a TV and a safety deposit box. All rooms are serviced daily and all linen and towels are provided. In the mornings, an extensive breakfast is offered in the self-service restaurant at John McIntyre Conference Centre. Check in is guaranteed from 14.00pm, with check out at 10.30am. Twin Ensuite Rooms are available, for single or double occupancy and Single Standard (shared bathroom) accommodation available. For more information about the Halls and Bedrooms please click on the accommodation on the map.
Pollock Halls of Residence